12/20/10

My "First" Drawing

This is my first attempt at a drawing since getting back into art after a 15 year hiatus.  This is the very first thing I've decided to draw.  There was no warm up, no preliminary sketches, etc.  I didn't use a ruler, or any tools other than two different pencils and an eraser.  It took about 2 and a half hours.

This is the view from the left most seat on my living room couch.  I decided not to center it in the frame just because I thought it looked a little cooler that way.

I can tell from looking at it that I need some work.  The composition leaves something to be desired, the perspective is off, and the scale isn't very good.....of course, you'd have to be looking at my living room to know that. 


I'm hoping for any comments or criticisms on this drawing.  I'm hoping to use this as a baseline for future comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment